Monday, January 28, 2013

health, light, and overcast skies

Woke up this morning around 7:30 like I always naturally do. I had planned to go to yoga at my new favorite studio: the Yoga Room, so I stole Tylers keys while he was sleeping and was so surprised at how beautiful it was outside. Seriously like 60 degrees in January, so bright and early. There’s been a cloud hanging over OKC for days now, it feels like. It’s so nice, and for once I’m enjoying the humidity, I’ve opened the windows of my house and my curly hair just grows with it.

The Yoga Room is in this old 1900 house down the street from me. It’s huge, and currently the bottom floor is used as an art studio, and the top floor is where they yoga studio is. They’ve been working on it to convert the whole place to a yoga studio, so the past two weeks classes have been in between the walls of art, big windows, and overcast skies… mixed with banging upstairs (I thought they were just painting?) and interruptions from people coming to the front door of the art studio. You know, natural flows of life.

In the midst of all of the interruptions, yoga was maybe the best I’ve ever been to this morning, which is a big statement. The instructor and I really just click, and the first time I met her it felt like we had known each other for years, like our paths have crossed, like we have the same energy. She’s so wonderful, so humble, so genuinely zen (for lack of a better word). It was almost as if every word she said this morning was meant for me. Every motion and pose was all mine. I’ve never felt so connected to a place. Not even to my own mat, but to a yoga studio.

It all reminds me of Norman, and at the same time of Westville. The air, the humidity, the wind chimes, this feeling of a open heart; big windows, wide open fields. I’ve been walking so light around the house, feeling so connected. Even to one of my best sisters in Norman, I felt like she was with me all morning.

I’m thankful for this. Thankful for the Yoga Room, thankful for health, light, and overcast skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...