Friday, March 1, 2013

cookie therapy


I've been miss domestication today - created my own, and now new favorite protein shake after yoga, made lunch for Tyler and I on his break from school, then deep cleaned my kitchen (which is terribly therapeutic for me) after making the absolute best vegan peanut butter cookies.


I always wish that I could do the neat blogger thing and take photos as I go along making/baking things, but lets be honest, baking is not cute or clean or tidy. My phone gets enough mess on it when I'm not trying to photograph my progress. Anyway...

What's in them:
  • 3/4 cup of peanut butter
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup applesauce
  • 1 1/2 cup of flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda 
How to make them:  

Here's the hard part - throw it all into one bowl and mash it all together with your hands! Make sure to get all of the chunky brown sugar mixed in really well, the little chunks are really good at hiding. After it's all mixed, roll it into tiny little 1 1/2 inch balls, then press them with a fork to make them more cookie-esque. Even being tiny like this, they still grew to pretty good sized cookies, and the batch made 28 cookies! I don't even know what to do with them all. Fortunately they aren't very calorie dense so if they live here for a while they won't do too much damage...

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...